Shavkat Mirziyoyev approves "Safe and Smooth Road" nationwide program
President Mirziyoyev has signed the decree on the national program "Safe and smooth road" slated to be fulfilled during 2022-2026.
The program has been developed to reduce the number of accidents and deaths on the roads by improving the road infrastructure and creating safe traffic conditions, including the full digitization of the traffic management system and the wide participation of the public.
The document envisions:
• comprehensive improvement of highway infrastructure;
• digitalization of the traffic management system on highways;
• development and digitization of public transport;
• to strengthen the promotion and propaganda work on ensuring road safety, to establish practical teaching of traffic rules to children;
• improvement of the system of training and retraining of drivers and strengthening control over the technical condition of vehicles.