The information regarding the profits and expenses of higher education institutions in Uzbekistan in 2022 was announced.
According to the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Innovation, over 8,77 trillion soums of profit was made by the state HEIs in 2022, while the expenses amounted to over 8,102 trillion soums.
The HEIs profits are formed by state budgeted finances, tuition fee contributions, and development allocations of the institutions.
The shortlist of the most profitable universities in Uzbekistan in 2022 is available below:
- Tashkent State University of Economics – 106,2 billion soums;
- Namangan State University – 67,7 billion soums;
- Karakalpak State University named after Berdakh – 54,4 billion soums;
- Gulistan State University – 54 billion soums;
- Navoi State Pedagogical Institute – 43,2 billion soums.
The list of the universities with the largest expenses in 2022:
- Samarkand State University — 42,5 billion soums;
- Qarshi State University — 28,3 billion soums;
- Samarkand State Institute of Foreign Languages — 26,8 billion soums;
- Fergana Polytechnic Institute — 15,3 billion soums;
- Nukus State Pedagogical Institute named after Ajinyaz — 15 billion soums.
For reference, over 122 higher education institutions were established in Uzbekistan between 2016 and 2022. Over the past six years, the level of student involvement in higher education in the country has increased from 9% to 38%. By 2026, this figure is expected to reach 50%.