A presidential decree establishing a National Social Protection Agency was adopted by the Senate of Uzbekistan.
Mirziyoyev stated in his election program that social services scattered across six ministries of Uzbekistan would be merged and a National Social Protection Agency would be created. At least 10% of the staff of the new agency will be recruited from among people with disabilities.
The following sectors will be transferred to the authority of the social protection agency:
From June 15, 2023, from the system of the Ministry of Poverty Reduction and Employment:
- Inspectorate of Medical and Social Expertise and its regional divisions;
- National Center for Rehabilitation and Prosthetics for the Disabled and its regional centers;
- Republican Center for the Rehabilitation and Adaptation of Women and its regional branches;
- Republican Rehabilitation Center for Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking;
- boarding houses for the elderly and disabled "Muruvat" and "Sakhavat";
- Republican boarding school for war and labor veterans;
- Sanatoriums for the elderly, the disabled, and war and labor veterans.
From January 1, 2024:
- Orphanages from the system of the Ministry of Health;
- Orphanages of the Ministry of Preschool and School Education;
- sectors for work with minors and family orphanages from the system of local executive bodies.
From August 1, 2024:
- Specialized schools and boarding schools for children with special educational needs, multidisciplinary specialized preschool educational organizations, and specialized educational institutions from the system of preschool and school education of the Ministry of School Education;
- Specialized vocational schools for persons with disabilities from the system of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, and Innovation.
From January 1, 2025:
- Rehabilitation centers for persons without a fixed place of residence from the system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Social Insurance Fund from the system of the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
The proposal of the National Paralympic Committee of Uzbekistan on the transfer of the Paralympic endurance school to a departmental structure from June 15, 2023 and the coordination of the activities of the Institute for the Training of Paralympic Sports Specialists was approved.
It is determined that the organizations and structural structures specified in this paragraph are transferred to the new Social Services Agency along with their current sources of funding, government departments, rights and obligations, property, and other material values.